The Biomaterials Innovation Research Center (BIRC) aims to:
- Develop tailored, functional biomaterials by combining advances in micro and nanotechnology, material science, and biomedical engineering.
- Create regenerative medicine therapies by integrating functional biomaterials scaffolds with stem cells and factors.
- Collaborate with clinicians to identify current medical needs and engineer state-of-the art diagnostic and therapeutic solutions that are easy-to-implement.
- Collaborate with industry to translate the discoveries into products and clinical practice and bring them to market.
- Develop strong research tools for scientists by combining novel biomaterials and advanced sensors, microfluidic platforms, and micro and nano fabrication strategies.
- Train future leaders in bioengineering at our highly multidisciplinary environment through research, internships, and workshops.